25 Jan 2013
New Version 6.3.2 is now available... January 25, 2013
HVAC Solution Pro 6.3.2 Upgrade
HVAC Solution Pro
HVAC Solution Pro
allows you to drag-and-drop super-intelligent objects to design air systems including both air handlers and rooftops. It provides you with tools to build both hydronic and steam systems. The software includes all the necessary piping and ductwork components to model most systems with unparalleled flexibility. Top this off with the capability to select equipment, export calculation reports, equipment schedules, schematics in dxf format, an electrical coordination matrix and a bill of materials, HVAC Solution has become the design standard of the HVAC industry.
HVAC Solution Version 6.3.2 includes the following.....
* Expanded LoadMatchฎ Wizard to also create reverse return and direct return systems
* Added hydraulic separator as an option to a primary-secondary circuit configuration of the wizard
* Allow the controller and control panel to be configurable
* Added new iWorx controllers: HPU3, BZU3, HPL1, FCU4
* Added generic iWorX controller (Universal, Universal with stat)
* Select Taco LoadMatch thermostats
* Added selection of Taco differential pressure sensors
* Added selection of Taco air sensors
* Added selection of Taco fluid temperature sensors
* Changed LCI connections
* Added Internet and Taco GCI to Controls Communication Interface
* Enable wiring to work the same as piping
* Added ability to connect control wiring to more than one connect point
* Added an option to change the type points on controlled devices to be device relative
* Added new control points: hydronic boiler, cooling tower, damper, fluid-to-air heat pump and LMB
* Added several variations of remote relays
* Added an analog-to-digital signal converter
* Add air vents
* Added selection of select Taco Variable Speed Drives
* Added air type to airflow control valves
HVAC Solution Version 6.2 included the following features....
* Added condensate neutralizers for use with condensing boilers.
* Added condensate neutralizers to wizards with boilers.
* When inserting or editing a boiler, check for need to insert a condensate neutralizer.
* Added Axiom selection for condensate neutralizer and glycol feed system and download related documents.
* Added new hydronic pipe materials: Stainless steel 304/316 in various schedules and Viega products (ViegaPEX Barrier, FostaPEX, Stainless Steel 304/ 316).
* Added coupling to the fitting list.
* Added Aquatherm fittings.
* Added equivalent length to pipe and duct fitting calculations.
* Added option to export DXF schedules as separate files.
* Added a Cycle Annotations View button to the toolbar.
HVAC Solution Version 6.1 included a new Revit Import of Equipment Schedules Feature along with the following.....
* Included the new Taco FI/CI2510C models and updated the FI/CI2509 to the FI/CI2509C
* Allowed pipe temperature to be input even if the season appears to not be used
* Changed flow calculations, allowing for different delta Ts in cross mains and not having the order of connection affect the calculations
* When outputting the DXF of a schedule file, put each page in a different file
* Force registration for all versions except Taco's versions
* Added new Taco controllers (CHB1, CHB2, GHP1, HPM1)
* Added higher steam pressure data
* Changed the LoadMatch and TacoLoad wizards to allow each load to be a different type and allow each loop to have different leaving temperatures
* Created a subloop wizard, based on the LoadMatch subloops
* Added airflow portion to active chilled beams, fan coils, fluid-to-air heat pumps, dual-duct terminal units, fan-powered terminal units, and single-duct terminal units
HVAC Solution Version 6.0 included the following features....
* Added selection of Spirax Sarco steam relief valves.
* Added selection of Spirax Sarco steam control valves.
* Added control valves to the steam generation wizard.
* Added selection of Spirax Sarco hydronic flowmeters.
* Added selection of ClimateMaster fluid-to-air heat pumps.
* Added selection of ClimateMaster fluid-to-fluid heat pumps.
* Added active chilled beams.
* Added selection of Dadanco active chilled beams, including download related documents.
* Added active chilled beams to the Taco LoadMatch and Taco Load Import wizards.
* Added conversion of imposed loads to active chilled beams.
* Added selection of Titus single duct, dual duct, and fan powered terminal units, including download related documents.
* Added larger pipe sizes for Aquatherm's Climatherm pipe.
* Added space option to calculate supply airflow based on an air change rate.
HVAC Solution Version 5.7 included the following features....
* Added steam flowmeters with Spirax Sarco selection.
* Allow individual selection of Spirax Sarco steam traps, automatic pump traps, pressure reducing valves, mechanical condensate pumps and steam flowmeters.
* Changed user interface and selection to highlight Spirax Sarco products.
* Added steam flowmeters to the steam generation wizard.
* Updated Taco plate and frame heat exchanger selection.
* Schedule pump flanges on a separate schedule and list them as a separate item on the bill of materials.
* Enhanced how boiler source medium is handled.
* Added electrical information for electric boilers.
* Changed air handler wizards to set the fan airflow portion based on the number of fans instead of user input.
* Changed the width of the type field in the louver equipment schedule.
HVAC Solution Version 5.6 included the following features....
* GRD's Grilles, Registers and Diffusers, are now part of the software.
* Color Customization of ductwork and pipes; show them any colors you want.
* Added just for the SUN, new 4 and 6 connection tanks for solar designs.
* Remember: You can design 20 of the 39 ASHRAE Green Tips using HVAC Solution.
* Layout and size medium and low pressure ductwork! Not only to the space, as in the past, but now to and from each Grille, Register and Diffuser. Yes! They are colored like most components.
*** And Much More.....
HVAC Solution Version 5.5 included the following features....
++ Ability to download related documents.
* Added new heat exchanger types for steam.
* Updated Taco TC and KS1016 pump selection.
* Updated Taco LMB selection.
* Changed hydronic head loss information to separate component data into major/minor and have the piping only be pipes.
* Removed question to view properties when selecting equipment for the entire project.
* Added face size to louver key data page.
++ The new "Download Related Documents" feature in HVAC Solution allows you as an engineer to get the proper Revit files for importing into your Revit 3D model.
You can also download other documents which are available as well, such as CAD files (2D and 3D), product catalogs, marketing brochures, O and M manuals, specifications, submittals, warranties, graphs, charts, and more. Partners that are currently available are Taco and Hurst.
HVAC Solution Version 5.4 added the following features....
1. LoadMatch wizard enhancements
2. Updated plate and frame heat exchanger selection
3. New LOFlo Mixing Block selection
4. New Project Examiner feature
5. New Indirect Tank Heater components (single and dual source)
6. New Steam Generation Wizard
7. New Taco LOFlo Design option (similar to the Taco LoadMatch Design option)
8. Allow components to be able to move forward and backward like shapes
HVAC Solution Version 5.3 added the following features....
1. Air handler wizards enhancements
* Build separate system for terminal heat pumps
* Added hydronic control valve options
* Added customizable hydronic generation
* Added couplings to separate coils from generation equipment
* Allow air handler coils to be optional
* Allow cooling coil and evaporative cooler to both exist
2. Hydronic generation wizard enhancements
* Added option to build for inclusion with or without a generation loop
* Added couplings to separate generation equipment
3. Data file linking enhancements
* Added data linking for Chvac ASCII Spreadsheet files
* Added data linking for gbXML files
* Added data linking for Trane files
* Added data linking for Radiant Works files
4. Other enhancements
* Added PEX piping
* Enhanced blowdown separator
HVAC Solution Version 5.2 has the following features....
* Added Solar Collector. Design a domestic solar water heating system today! WOW!
* Color customization of annotation text: heating, cooling and all season can now have Color!
* Now import your loads from Trane/Trace and Elite/CHVAC with our enhanced air hander wizard.
* Enhanced Air Handler Wizard.
* Added heat exchangers, control and balancing valves, and fluid types.
* Added space transfer air calculations and schedule, track air flow from space to space,
* Spaces now indicate positive or negative pressurization, ITS ABOUT TIME!
* Select Unico Fan Coils, Chillers and Heatpumps in your next design.
* New customizable grid to better help you lay out your projects.
* New TACO LoFlo Mixing Block and many other TACO requested items added.
* Electric components added, Terminal box, unit heaters, finned radiators and panel radiators.
* Updated Twin City Fan selection and added dual duct and fan powered terminal units.
* Added option for multiple purpose valve, balancing valve, and control valve in hydronic wizards.
* Added fluid type to hydronic wizards.
* Added expansion tank and air separator when using closed circuit cooling towers with water-cooled chillers.
* Changed multiple purpose valves to get ID from pump instead of load.
**And much more.
HVAC Solution Version 5.1 added the following features....
* Trane Loads import wizard.
* New solar collector.
* Enhanced air handler and CHVAC import wizards.
* Enhanced annotations to indicate season colors.
* Added Unico selection of air-cooled chillers, air-cooled heat pumps and fan coils.
* New electric heat elements.
* Updated Twin City fan selection.
* Addition of air cooled heat pumps.
* New imposed load types (Chilled Beams).
* New dual duct and fan powered terminal units.
HVAC Solution Version 5.0 added the following features....
* Control points schedule.
* Enhanced air handler wizard, such as multiple fans, filters, sound traps, exhaust, etc.
* Added selection of FHP fluid-to-air heat pumps and fluid-to-fluid heat pumps.
* Added selection of Phoenix airflow control valves.
* Allow fluid-to-air heat pumps.
* Added "Select Alternate" to more components.
* Added Taco Load import, including updating of load data.
* Added Chvac ASCII Spreadsheet import.
* Added gbXML import.
* Added cooling usage to Radiant Mixing Block.
* Added a LoadMatch Thermostat schedule for LoadMatch pumps.
* Enhanced sensors to work with the control point schedule.
* Added selection of Taco hydraulic separator.
* New method of handling manufacturers for deaerators, fan coils, boilers, fluid-to-air heat pumps, fluid-to-fluid heat pumps, airflow control valves.
HVAC Solution Version 4.5 added the following features....
* Williams fan coil selection
* Aerco boiler selection
* Aquatherm piping
* New Arrow shapes in drawing tool bar
HVAC Solution Version 4.4 has the following features....
* Added a LoadMatch wizard
* Added a hydraulic separator component
* Allow twin tee to connect the primary side to loads
* Updated steam boiler types for Cleaver-Brooks
* Added automatic software version updating
* Added new imposed load types
* Added project default pipe material
HVAC Solution Version 4.3 has the following features....
* Allow single insertion of fan coils, terminal boxes, unit heaters, panel/finned radiators, heat pumps
* Send to mail recipient
* Simplified fan coils
* Enhanced air handler and rooftop unit wizards
* Preferred manufacturer selection
* Allow selection of alternate pump types
* PVC piping
* Pass-through usage
* Multiple generation sources
* Watts Radiant import
* Fan selection allows for size restriction for air handler cabinets
* Air-to-air energy recover efficiency changed to temperature basis
* Fan coil external static pressure calculation
* Mixing storage tank
* Sound trap
* Multiaqua fan coil and air-cooled chillers
* TCS fan coils
* Taco pressure reducing valves
* Taco check valves
* Taco balancing valves
* Taco self compensating pressure regulator
* Taco X-Pump Block
* Taco Radiant Mixing Block
HVAC Solution Version 4.1 has the following features....
Single unit heater, hydronic
Single unit heater, steam
Single panel radiator, hydronic
Single panel radiator, steam
Single finned radiator, hydronic
Single finned radiator, steam
Single fan coil, hydronic
Single fan coil, steam
Single fluid-to-air heat pump
Single terminal box, hydronic
Single terminal box, steam
Single duct fan coil, hydronic
Single duct fan coil, steam
Single duct fluid-to-air heat pump
Taco X-Pump Block
Taco Radiant Mixing Block
Single fluid-to-fluid heat pump
Self compensating pressure regulator
Air-to-air energy recover efficiency changed to temperature basis
Fan coil external static pressure calculation
R - rotate right (clockwise)
L - rotate left (counter clockwise)
M - mirror left to right (about vertical axis)
T - mirror top to bottom (about horizontal axis)
Auto rotate equipment to align with pipe
TCS fan coils
Taco balancing valves
Taco self compensating pressure regulator
Taco X-Pump Block
Taco Radiant Mixing Block
HVAC Solution Version 4.0 included the following features....
Blowdown separator This brand new component completes the boiler system toolbox.
Shapes Dress your drawing up with a brand new drawing tool that allows the user to draw rectangles, circles, lines and other objects. Create your own title block or finish up your control schematic. No other software is needed, HVAC Solution can do it all!
Weather database A brand new weather database has been included in HVAC Solution which allows you to pick your location and automatically location specific altitude, dry bulb, wet bulb and other climatic design data is set for you. No more hunting around!
Metric issues Check the SI units option to work with a more standard SI unit system.
Allowed fluid head loss factor to be disabled We heard you, you can now turn off the fluid head loss factor globally to better model what you are thinking.
Calculate and size drip traps Automatically size steam traps based on the length of pipes. No more searching around for your load, you can figure it just by entering pipe length.
Allow pipes to terminate without an ending component Double-left click any pipe to terminate it. This feature works well for when you are connecting to systems that you dont need to design. All the relevant temperature data required to define a system can be set right within the pipe. This feature works for steam and hydronic systems.
Added fuel oil pump to boiler For oil systems we have added oil fuel pump information in the boiler.
Hurst boiler selection Boilers big and small, no more catalogs required. Select a high quality Hurst boiler automatically and without effort right from within HVAC Solution.
Hurst deaerator selection Would you like a side order deaerator with that boiler, yes you can have it right now!
Hurst boiler feed selection Confused at how to size a boiler feed tank, HVAC Solution can help!
Hurst blowdown separator selection One more great Hurst product selectable from within HVAC Solution.
Twin City fan selection Fans anyone? Hit the thumbs up button and boom baby, all your fans are automatically selected. View fan curves, get dimensions, we got it all. This feature will save you hundreds of tedious last minute hours.
Ruskin louver selection Louver selection is now automatic and easy. Quality Ruskin products, including louvers of every size, shape and use, can automatically be selected by HVAC Solution.
Ruskin damper selection Another great Ruskin product selectable within HVAC Solution. No more hunting around though the catalog to get the exact damper you want.
Ruskin fire damper selection Select and schedule you fire dampers automatically.
Ruskin fire/smoke damper selection This smoking hot feature gets your fire/smoke dampers selected fast.
Ruskin smoke damper selection Yet more great Ruskin products!
HVAC Solution 3.2 included the following enhancements
Dry cooler A brand new hydronic component.
Storage tank (open and closed systems, 2 connections) Finish off your hydronic system with this very requested component.
Air handler evaporative cooler (direct and indirect) Save energy in a dry climate using an evaporative cooler.
Air handler/rooftop unit/airflow heat recovery (rotary wheel, fixed plate, membrane plate and heat pipe A green building design tool.
Rooftop unit evaporative cooler (direct and indirect)
Improved interface for exporting Coordination Files Much easier to export files for use in Word, Excel and AutoCAD.
Improved Manage Coordination interface and filtering Choose which report items to turn on and off.
Electrical Coordination Schedule Generate a schedule for coordinating mechanical needs to be sent to the electrical side of the project.
Bill of Materials Can you say, cost estimate?
Push the Esc button to halt calculations A graceful way to halt a long calculation so that you can get back to work.
Key data tabs Oh baby you are going to love this one. Edit data faster, stronger and better!
Zoom window Zoom in on a small area, no more panning around!
Flow, load, or delta T direct entry Pick any two variables to enter load, flow or temperature. The others will be calculated. The very handy feature is worth the purchase price alone.
Heat pump COP and EER flow adjustments Have a heat pump? Let HVAC Solution help you calculate the flow by automatically making flow adjustments required for the heat of absorption and heat of rejection.
Taco steam-to-steam heat exchangers Did we say steam? Yes we did!
Smith boilers A superior boiler for your project and selectable from within HVAC Solution.
RBI boilers Do you need a copper water tube boiler for automatically select and schedule one now!
SpiraxSarco steam traps Wow steam traps selectable on the fly.
SpiraxSarco automatic pump traps Couldnt be any easier to select. A very powerful feature for a powerful product.
SpiraxSarco mechanical condensate pumps Its easy to select them from within HVAC Solution.
SpiraxSarco steam PRVs Tired of catalogs? Want to live in this century? Now you can select steam PRVs right from within HVAC Solution.
Here they are a whole new array of components for steam including steam-to-steam heat exchanger, steam traps, mechanical condensate pumps, steam piping and most everything else you need to design steam systems.
Back To List
ฉ 2008 HVAC Solution, Inc. All rights reserved.
Website Powered by -